Why Give To Calvin?
Calvin Christian School partners with the home and church to provide the best Christian education possible. Our entire community, consisting of parents, alumni, grandparents, and friends, plays an important role in the success of our school and our students. Your contributions, whether of time or financial, enable Calvin Christian School to provide an excellent education where each student is inspired to excel academically and grow in their spiritual walk with the Lord.
The generosity of the Calvin community allows us to achieve excellence in every aspect, including:
- Financial assistance for families that qualify: approximately 25% of CCS families are served.
- Great programs: K-12 Fine Arts, Junior High and High School Athletics, Senior Thesis.
- Preparing students for a life of Christ-centered service: 98% of our students matriculate to college.
- Excellent teachers: Our teachers hold a teaching credential or advanced degree.
- Dual accreditation through Christian Schools International (CSI) and WASC.
We are thankful for the generosity of the Calvin Christian School community. Thank you for investing in our students! For general gifts, you may choose to give below or contact the Director of Community Life, Mrs. Heather Souders, to learn how you can make an impact.
Leaving A Legacy
The Mission and Goals of the Endowment Fund
Leaving Your Legacy: Since 1960 Calvin Christian School has served parents and children of the North County community in providing a quality, Christ-centered education. With nearly 500 students in Early Childhood Education through 12th grade and hundreds of graduates, Calvin Christian School continues to equip young people to assume leadership in their communities, churches, and homes.
The Endowment Fund was formed to provide financial stability for families in future generations. This is increasingly important as the cost of education tends to rise faster than inflation. The next generation of parents will likely have a more difficult time paying the full cost of tuition.
For more information, please email [email protected]
The purpose of the Endowment Fund is to promote Calvin Christian School by providing a strong financial base for the school. The Endowment Fund accepts and manages gifts (in most cases, tax deductible) of property, securities, life insurance, bequests, memorials, cash and other forms of contributions for the benefit of Calvin Christian School. Gifts to the Endowment Fund are held in trust in separate accounts with only a portion of the earned income from the principal investment used to aid the school. The undistributed earnings are reinvested into the fund, allowing it to grow. In other words, it’s a gift that keeps on giving every year. The Endowment Fund takes a long-term view of the financial needs and security of the school.
1. The primary reason is to give thanks to our Lord by returning a portion of that with which He has blessed us. This is our responsibility as Christian stewards.
2. By giving to the Calvin Christian School Endowment Fund, you are building a strong Christian base for the future leaders of our churches, community, nation, and world.
3. Our state and federal tax laws encourage charitable giving while providing considerable financial advantages to you and also to your estate if made while you are alive.
4. Gifts are appropriate ways for a Christian life to continue its influence.
1. To provide need-based tuition assistance to all families who sincerely desire a Christian education for their children.
2. To help show the Christian community the wide variety of opportunities for stewardship other than cash gifts.
3. To encourage using opportunities where Christian stewardship can be applied to furthering God’s kingdom.
The Endowment Fund will receive gifts (in most cases tax deductible) in various forms, such as:
1. Memorials: you can make a gift to the Endowment Fund in memory of a loved one which will be perpetually utilized for the promotion of Christian Education at Calvin Christian School.
2. Cash: giving a cash gift, you can assure the Endowment Fund of immediate investment income, a portion of which will be used to provide ongoing income to Calvin Christian School.
3. Life Estate Contract: donating real estate (home or land), you retain full use of the property until death.
4. Will Bequest: when preparing or revising your will you can make provisions for the Endowment Fund in several ways with complete confidentiality.
5. Life Insurance: by naming the Calvin Christian Endowment Fund as a beneficiary, you can practice Christian stewardship with a substantial gift at death by means of small contributions during your lifetime.
6. Life Income Agreements: you can enter into a gift arrangement where you receive a life income and a current income tax deduction for a portion of the gift.
7. Child Named Charity: you can give an equal share to charity in your will or living trust to that received by each of your children.
8. Taxable Estate Given to Charity: all amounts which exceed the Estate Tax Exclusion amount go to charity rather than being taxed at a 41%-60% rate.
The Calvin Christian Endowment Fund currently has stock, bonds, and cash totaling over $1,865,000. The last few years, the Endowment Fund has given Calvin Christian $50,000 toward the Legacy Fund and gives annually from the gain earned. The balance of the earnings are reinvested in the Endowment Fund for continued growth. Call the school office if you would like to know more about how to support the Endowment Fund and the future students at Calvin Christian.
Do you need help with your estate planning? Do you have an updated will and trust? These questions are crucial, especially in the state of California. Calvin Christian School provides for professional services in estate planning at no cost to you, even if you do not designate Calvin as a beneficiary in your will. The goal is to “assist Christian people in extending their lifelong pattern of good Christian stewardship in their wills and estate plans. If you circumstances have changed in recent years due to widowhood, business ownership or sale, or an “empty nest” it may be time to update your will.
To update your will or if you would like to discuss other types of planned giving like gifts of appreciated stocks or property, charitable remainder trusts, email [email protected].
You can help support Calvin Christian School financially just by doing the shopping you already do!
eScrip is an important part of our fundraising program. Your family can help us make the grade in our fundraising. Every time you buy eScrip from Calvin Christian School, your tuition is reduced by 2% of your total purchase.
Do you do your grocery shopping at VONS, Major Market, Food 4 Less, Cardiff Seaside Market or Bristol Farms? You can register your debit/credit card or your VONS Club Card for the eScrip program. The school receives a percentage, which goes toward reducing the budget. It’s easy to register: Log onto eScrip and enter the School or Group I.D. number: 136558958
Register your debit or credit cards, shop at eScrip merchants or use your eScrip registered cards for your normal purchases. A percentage of purchases will be automatically contributed by the merchant.
We’re so grateful for those who are able to give of their time to help make Calvin Christian School a better school. There are many ways to get involved from the Athletic Booster Club, Music Boosters, Heritage Center Friends, and the CCS Service Group.
For more information on how you can support Calvin Christian School, please contact the Community Life Office at 760-520-8435 or email [email protected]