UPPER SCHOOL HISTORY TEACHER
We are looking for a creative, talented, and experienced teacher who knows his/her call by their Lord & Savior Jesus Christ to serve as a full-time Christian educator helping image bearers understand how God has revealed Himself to us literally in the historic story of humanity.
To begin the application process, please complete the required steps as soon as possible; the position will be posted and open until filled.
- Bachelor’s degree in history/humanities (or at the minimum the equivalent of a minor) and a teaching credential (or equivalent evidence of calling and skill)
- Experience teaching Humanities to young people, ideally in a classroom setting
- Passion for on-going professional development (i.e. love of learning), especially in the area of the robust Christian liberal arts tradition
- As a Christian School, we require our employees to be a professing believer and follower of Jesus Christ as his/her Lord and Savior
- Per Calvin’s mission (and constitution), teachers are expected to be members in good standing at a confessionally reformed church ( e.g. URC, CRC, PCA, RCA, OPC) and in-line with Calvin Christian School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith and school biblical ethics policies