Are you raising happy children or are you raising your children to be nice? Our task as parents isn't always easy. We have the great responsibility of raising children who love God and love others. The first part may seem fairly simple with the help of our local church congregation and Christian school. How are we doing at teaching our children to love others though?
Harvard's Making Caring Common Project released a set of recommendations about how to raise children to become caring, respectful and responsible adults. Here's a short summary of these recommendations and a quick video.
1. Make caring for others a priority
2. Provide opportunities for children to practice caring and gratitude
3. Expand your child's circle of concern
4. Be a strong moral role model and mentor
5. Guide children in managing destructive feelings
Check out THIS helpful infographic.